Fall is fast approaching so not only should your wardrobe change but your beauty routine should as well. With the cold temperature dropping your skin needs to be ready and prepared to take on the chilly weather and cold winds.
The last thing you want is to have an “out of this world outfit” and BAM! your face is all flaky and dry! Your face is the director of first impressions so it should always be ready. Make-up should be able to glide through it.
Here are some tools you should start implementing now to have your face ready for fall
- MOISTURIZE: apply moisturizer 2-3 daily or after every time you wash it. I usually apply moisturizer within five minutes of washing my face or after the shower because my pores are still open and ready to take on the moisturizer. To save time I opt for moisturizer with SPF already (during day time only), it saves me time plus SPF should be worn all year round to protect your skin from UV damage and prevent wrinkles
- Drink a lot of water: this is an oldie but a goodie nevertheless critical for not only to have a healthier looking skin but it has many more great benefits…
- Chap Stick: always apply chap stick (I do it at night time or right before I start to apply my make-up) Dry lips are just scary and gross to look at
What if Tips
- What if your face is already dry and your skin looks flaky when applying make-up? Don’t over apply moisturizer; this will result in clogged pores. Pick up a thicker moisturizer preferably one that has Vitamin E
- What if you noticed your skin flaky during or after applying you make up? You can spray some water directly onto your brush or make-up setter and use the brush in circular motion around the dry spot
TIP THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE: Always apply a primer prior to applying your foundation or powder. This will help your make up stay put together and last longer as well as coat your skin and even out your pores and wrinkles. I love this stuff!